What is a cookie and how does it work?
Cookies are small text files that are saved on your computer, telephone or tablet when you visit websites. Cookies help websites remember your settings and collect information for statistics. This means, for example, that you do not need to keep adjusting your settings each time you visit a particular website or browse its pages.
The information collected for statistics is anonymous and does not contain names, email addresses or any other details that can be linked to a particular individual. Cookies are often used both for a website’s own functions and by external services on the website.
For our part, we feel it is very important that you get information about which cookies we use on our websites and what the cookies are used for. We use them for three purposes: to guarantee your integrity; to enhance user-friendliness; and, to ensure optimum development of our websites.
If you would like to read more about cookies, take a look at www.minacookies.se, www.youronlinechoices.com/se or www.aboutcookies.org.
Different types of cookies
The law distinguishes between functional cookies and other cookies.
- Functional cookies are necessary for a website to function optimally. The purpose of these cookies is solely to follow decisions made by visitors, e.g. registration, use of a web shop or language choice.
- Analysis cookies collect anonymous statistics about how visitors use a website. Examples include how many times a website is visited and how long each visitor stays.
The purposes of the cookies on Depona’s websites are to:
- Maintain website security and protect website users.
- Calculate and report user numbers and traffic as well as to personalise website presentation.
- Develop and improve websites by understanding how they are used.
- Adapt website layout and information to the platform that is being used.
When you accept cookies, your acceptance is saved for 12 months. You then have to accept cookies again.
Please do remember that we are not responsible for the content and cookies of any external websites that may have links on our websites.
How to clean and remove cookies
You can check and delete cookies exactly as you wish. You can remove all cookies on your computer and you can set your browser to not allow any cookies. In this latter case, you may have to adjust certain settings every time you visit a website. Certain services and functions may also not function as intended. Additionally, in some circumstances, website functionality and experience may be impaired.
If you want to limit or block the cookies used on Depona’s (or other) websites, you can do this via your browser’s security settings. You can even set your browser to give you a warning each time a website tries to save a cookie on your computer.